Through many years of contact with veterans of different regions and different fishing methods, the following common points about knots have been summarized.
1. Moisten the knots. Wetting the knots can effectively enhance the strength of the knots and at the same time prevent the knots from breaking due to friction and heating.
2. Don't try to remember too many knotting methods. In fact, as long as you master four to six knotting methods, you can fish almost all kinds of fish. The key is to master the situation and use it proficiently.
3. Practice constantly. If you still can't tie the knots skillfully, don't go out fishing in a boat, otherwise it's just a waste of time and money.
4. Carefully observe and complete each knot. Always tie knots carefully, because they are often the key to running fish. If you feel that the knot is not tied correctly, just cut it off and re-tie the knot.
5. Tighten the knots. It is necessary to avoid the movement of the knot during the fishing process. If it is a thinner fishing line, be careful to break the fishing line during the knotting process;
If it is a thicker fishing line, pay attention to firmly connect it with heavy objects such as hooks, lures or plumbs during the knotting process. Be careful to tie the knots with dry hands as much as possible, instead of touching the fishing line with hands moistened with sea water or small gravel.
Finally, do not wear gloves during the knotting process. Wearing gloves, fingers are often not flexible.